Originally-From: David Hovis <email@example.com> Joey Logano "I was just in a bad spot there at the end. I was trying to catch Kyle and if I couldn't catch him I wanted to give Joe Gibbs Racing a 1-2 finish. The 88 spun the...
Originally-From: David Hovis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"I was just in a bad spot there at the end. I was trying to catch Kyle and if I couldn't catch him I wanted to give Joe Gibbs Racing a 1-2 finish. The 88 spun the tires on the last restart and I was able to drive underneath him, but I couldn't make the pass. I drove into the next corner too hard and that allowed the 60 to get outside of me and the 33 to get inside of me. I felt that the only thing to do would be to stay in the gas and try to clear Carl (Edwards), but I picked up a 'push' and got into him. It knocked a hole in the fender and from then on it wouldn't turn. I hate it for the guys because we had a good car and great pit stops."
"The car was just super tight at the beginning of the race, especially in traffic. Dave (Rogers, crew chief) threw a lot of changes at it and it finally freed up enough that we could race our way to the front. Track position was important all day. You need clean air on the nose because this place is so fast. We had ourselves in position to give GameStop a good finish at their 'home' track. There were a lot of GameStop employees at the race and they brought a lot of support with them from the headquarters in Grapevine. They're an awesome sponsor and we will get them back to Victory Lane!"
- Logano started tenth after a qualifying lap of 29.09 seconds.
- Despite dealing with a 'tight' chassis, Logano quickly closed in on the top-5 after the drop of the green flag and remained around there for most of the race.
- Dave Rogers made track bar, wedge and air pressure adjustments to 'loosen' up the car.
- The No. 20 pit crew picked up three positions on pit road over the final two pit stops giving Logano a chance to race for the victory.
- In the midst of hard racing in the closing laps, Logano made contact with the No. 60 car, damaging the right front fender and relegating him to a 12th place finish.
- Logano was in the top-six in several data categories including: average running position, driver rating, fastest on restarts and green flag speed.