FAST FACTS * In five starts at Texas Motor Speedway, Jamie McMurray has only finished outside the top 15 once. * Texas Motor Speedway is the fifth best track for McMurray. McMurray averages a 14.0 finish at the 1.5-mile speedway. * In terms...
* In five starts at Texas Motor Speedway, Jamie McMurray has only finished outside the top 15 once.
* Texas Motor Speedway is the fifth best track for McMurray. McMurray averages a 14.0 finish at the 1.5-mile speedway.
* In terms of qualifying, TMS is not McMurray's best track. He averages a 32.4 starting position, but on average improves 18.4 positions, from start to finish.
* Again this weekend, McMurray will be sporting the Crown Royal purple and gold paint scheme at TMS.
* McMurray will participate in Pennzoil's "Change for Charity" in Plano, TX on Thursday afternoon -- attempting to break the record of 120 oil changes in just one hour.
McMurray on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Texas is a track where I have run really well at in the past. With that said, I hope this weekend isn't any different. We had some handling problems there in the spring race, but I really think we have those worked out. Roush has fielded some great cars at the intermediate tracks so far this season, look at Chicago or Charlotte. The last five weeks have been really tough for all the guys on this team. If something could go wrong or break on the car, it has happened. We don't have luck on our side right now. Our cars are running well, but one week it's this, another week it's that. We are looking for a great run this weekend in and Texas and hopefully turning our luck around."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "The guys at the shop and our R&D department have invested a lot of time and effort into our intermediate program. I feel really good about the car we are bringing this weekend to Texas. Roush Racing has performed pretty well at these tracks and hopefully, this weekend we will have the same showing. I know the No. 26 team is hungry for a strong finish. With some good luck this weekend, we should be able to get it done at Texas."
-credit: roush racing