Ragan on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Texas is an extremely fast track and has a lot of dedicated fans who come out to watch our race. It's really tight coming off of turn two to the outside wall, and turns three and four are really smooth.
Ragan on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Texas is an extremely fast track and has a lot of dedicated fans who come out to watch our race. It's really tight coming off of turn two to the outside wall, and turns three and four are really smooth. It's unique in general and makes for a really good race. There are multiple grooves to pass, so when you combine that with the speed it makes for a great race for the fans. We've got the Boys and Girls Clubs of America on our UPS Ford this weekend and we really want to get a good run for them."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"We had a strong run going last time we were at Texas, but debris on the track ruined our chance at a good finish. Texas is a fast track and David has had some good runs there in the Cup car in the past. Our UPS Ford has a different look to it this weekend with the Boys and Girls Club, so hopefully we can get a good finish for them."
* The No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion will carry a special Boys and Girls Clubs of America design in Texas. The UPS Foundation and BGCA launched a program - Road Code- this year to help teach teens across the country the importance of safe driving.
* Ragan has visited Texas Motor Speedway five times in the Sprint Cup Series, with his best finish being 11th in the fall of 2008.
* Ragan has competed six times in the Nationwide Series at Texas Motor Speedway. He claimed the pole in the spring of 2007 and has three top-five finishes.
* Ragan also has three Camping World Truck Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway. Ragan has two top-10 finishes in just those three starts. His best finish was sixth in the fall of 2007.
* The Salt Lake City UPS Freight Center will be the featured Maximum Center at Texas Motor Speedway. The center will have its three-letter alpha code, SLC, on the wing of the No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion.