David Gilliland: You've had one race in the Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing, so what are some of the differences in their equipment compared to others you've driven? "Joe Gibbs Racing has provided me some of the nicest ...
You've had one race in the Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing, so what are some of the differences in their equipment compared to others you've driven?
"Joe Gibbs Racing has provided me some of the nicest equipment I've ever raced. Part of the deal with running the No. 02 Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota is being able to try some stuff that the other teams may not. It's definitely exciting to be able to do this with such a great team."
You have to qualify in the field on time at Texas. What are some of the adjustments or changes the team can make to the Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota during practice that are different from those who are locked in and may not work on qualifying?
"All we're focused on during practice is qualifying runs, so most of our adjustments are for that one quick lap. Other teams will work on their car and getting it setup for race trim -- those are the biggest differences."
What are some of the challenges about racing at Texas Motor Speedway?
"The biggest challenge for me at Texas is to get across the center of turns one and two, and keep the Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota turning in the center of the corner. If you can get it handling over the bumps in those corners then you'll put down a solid lap."
Fun Fact: What is your favorite music and favorite musician?
"I'm a fan of all kinds of music. My favorite musician would probably be Kid Rock."
* David Gilliland has six starts at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
* David Gilliland's best career finish at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series was 15th in 2008
* Texas Motor Speedway: Career Starting Avg. 29.3 -- Career Finishing Avg. 25.7
* David Gilliland has 115 NASCAR Sprint Cup Starts; Best NSCS Finish: 2nd (Sonoma in 2008)
* David Gilliland has 2 career NASCAR Coors Light Pole Awards (Talladega Fall 2006; Daytona Spring 2007)
* Farm Bureau Insurance Racing has four starts with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2009: