Chad McCumbee No. 45 RPDE/TheGPSStore.com Dodge "I've looked at the weather forecast for this weekend and it looks like it will be pretty dry. Not getting to qualify these last few weeks has been bittersweet. We've been locked into the...
No. 45 RPDE/TheGPSStore.com Dodge
"I've looked at the weather forecast for this weekend and it looks like it will be pretty dry. Not getting to qualify these last few weeks has been bittersweet. We've been locked into the races and those guaranteed spots have been nice, but that really puts us behind when it comes to track position. This weekend we'll get to take a qualifying lap and hopefully we can start toward the front. The track position game is important with these cars."
"Texas is a track that I took to pretty quickly in my Craftsman Truck Series career. We came really close to a win there last year and the fact that we didn't get the win drives me every time that I go back there. We're bringing a new setup to the track this weekend, one that we have a lot of confidence in. Our engineer department has been working on the shaker rigs and wind tunnels to develop setups from the notes package that our crew chiefs have put together this year."
"I knew that coming into these races that the guys in the series are the best racecar drivers in the world. But until you get out here on the track with them you don't fully understand how good they are. It's amazing how much I have learned from racing guys like Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and my teammate, Bobby Labonte. I'm already a better racecar driver because of it and it will make me an even better one in the future."
* McCumbee will attempt to make his Sprint Cup debut at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend
* In four NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts at AMS, McCumbee has scored two top-ten finishes. He has led five laps.
* McCumbee narrowly missed his first career truck win at Texas last year. He will compete in the truck race this weekend.
* McCumbee has competed in five Sprint Cup Series races for Petty Enterprises. His best finish of 17th came at Pocono in June.
* McCumbee won an ARCA race in his very first start for Petty Enterprises, which came at the Pocono Raceway in 2007