No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew are taking chassis No. 108 for the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 this weekend. Stremme piloted this chassis to a 33rd-place finish at Atlanta earlier this season. He...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew are taking chassis No. 108 for the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 this weekend. Stremme piloted this chassis to a 33rd-place finish at Atlanta earlier this season. He also piloted this car last year at Richmond International Speedway in his second Cup Series start.
* Looking Toward Texas: This will be Stremme's first start in a NEXTEL Cup car at Texas Motor Speedway but he has three Busch Series starts there. His highest starting position is the outside pole which he grabbed last fall and his highest finish is 17th which he accomplished last spring.
* Martinsville Round-Up: Stremme was battling to get his lap back last weekend at Martinsville when he was turned from behind and sent into the outside wall on lap 134. After spending several laps in the garage and returning to the track twice, he finished the DirecTV 500 at Martinsville Speedway in the 38th position.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 38th-place effort in Martinsville last week. Stremme, with 40 points, is 20 points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: After finishing 38th last week at Martinsville, Stremme gained one spot in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings, he is 37th. He is 359 points behind teammate Casey Mears, who holds the 10th spot and 222 points out of the top 20.
David Stremme Quotes:
"I feel positive about this weekend. The No. 40 team has not gotten the results that we have wanted to get the last few weeks but our morale is high going into this weekend. We hope to keep that going into Texas and to get the results we know we can get. I wish we were racing under the lights but I do like racing at Texas. I have not always had the best finishes but last fall I started from the outside pole in the Busch race. This is a fast track and we hope to have a solid finish in the Coors Light Dodge."