* This Week's Toyota...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway is chassis No. 104. The team utilized this same car during Speedweeks earlier this season. *...
* This Week's Toyota...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway is chassis No. 104. The team utilized this same car during Speedweeks earlier this season.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Mayfield will make his 406th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when he takes the green flag Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway and finished 37th (qualified 24th) in his first Cup Series start at Talladega in 1994.
* Mayfield in Talladega...Mayfield has made 24 starts on the 2.66-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 10 on five occasions, including three pole positions. He has also earned two top-10 finishes in competition at the track.
* BDR at Talladega...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the Talladega, Ala., track since 1993 and have made 36 starts. Those drivers have posted one top five finish, five top-10 finishes and have completed 6,240 of 6,723 possible laps (92.8 percent).
* Practice Makes Perfect...Mayfield and the No. 36 360 OTC Racing team spent Tuesday testing their COT at Iowa Speedway in preparation for next weekend's event at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway.
* Talladega Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for the Aaron's 499 is scheduled to start at 11:15 a.m. ET Saturday, April 28. The 188-lap event is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, April 29, and will broadcast LIVE on FOX (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
* Jeremy Mayfield on Talladega Superspeedway..."We were so close to making the race last weekend in Phoenix, and it was pretty heartbreaking to miss it, especially when you come that close. We'll see what we can do in Talladega to get back on track. We think our 360 OTC Camry should be good enough to get into the field, so we're looking forward to getting there. It's been a tough year, no doubt about it, and we may be down, but we're not out. This Bill Davis Racing team still has the confidence we need to turn things around, and Talladega would be as good a place to do that as any."