No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Rascal Flatts: Multi-platinum selling country group Rascal Flatts will once again join Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team to bring some country charm to the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series. Marlin's No. 40 Coors Light...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Rascal Flatts: Multi-platinum selling country group Rascal Flatts will once again join Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team to bring some country charm to the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series. Marlin's No. 40 Coors Light Dodge will sport a special Rascal Flatts paint scheme in Talladega supporting the group's new album, "Feels Like Today", that hit music stores nationwide today.
* Fan Club Event: Sterling will attend his annual fan club event on Saturday afternoon after the ARCA race. This event is for fan club members to get the opportunity to visit with their favorite driver Sterling Marlin.
* Chassis: Marlin and the Coors Light crew will bring chassis #005 to Talladega. This will be the third time this chassis will race this year.
* April Racing at Talladega: Sterling Marlin's bid for a top-10 finish at Talladega Superspeedway went flat on lap 146 when the left rear tire went flat and the team discovered a hole in the radiator. The Coors Light/Kentucky Derby Dodge ended the day with a 30th-place finish in the Aaron's 499.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin continues to hold strong to 18th in NEXTEL Cup championship points.
Sterling Marlin Quotes:
"We made some changes to chassis #005," Marlin said. "We qualified well here in the spring and just had some bad things happen. Then we took this car to Daytona in July and it did not run well and we did not finish as well as we would have liked. The Coors Light crew has made some changes and I look forward to driving the No.40 Rascal Flatts/Coors Light Dodge into Victory Lane this weekend."