David Ragan Team: No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig Chassis: Primary: RK-646 Brand new chassis Backup: RK-589 Last ran Talladega Fall 2008 -- finished third Ragan on racing at Talladega ...
Team: No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig
Chassis: Primary: RK-646 Brand new chassis
Backup: RK-589 Last ran Talladega Fall 2008 -- finished third
Ragan on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Talladega has been a really good track for us over the past few years and we need a good finish there more than ever. It's a wide, smooth track which creates tight packs, and three and four-wide racing. It's a track I can count on being fast at and we'll see where our team really is this weekend. It's important to stay out of trouble and have the right people to draft with. There are a lot of things that can go wrong at restrictor-plate racing. The goal is to get back up front where we belong and hopefully we can turn our luck around this weekend."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Talladega is a place where you need to have a fast car that drafts well. David ran well there last year and I think we can do that again this weekend. The key is to stay out of trouble and have some drafting help out there. If everything goes well, we'll get the finish we deserve and earn back some much needed points."
* Ragan was the only Roush driver to finish inside the top 10 in both Talladega races in 2008.
* Ragan has visited Talladega Superspeedway four times throughout his Sprint Cup Series career. His best finish came in the fall of 2008 where he qualified 16th and finished third.
* Ragan has competed two times in the Nationwide Series at Talladega Superspeedway. In 2007 he qualified seventh and finished fourth.
* Ragan also has one Camping World Truck Series start at Talladega. Ragan competed in the fall of 2006, qualifying second and finishing seventh.
* The Birmingham Central Center is this week's Maximum Center. The Alabama District Center will have its SLIC number 3524 on a special package car logo on the wing of David's No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion. Birmingham Central was chosen for its commitment to safety and service.