Ragan on racing at Talladega Superspeedway: "Talladega should be a pretty good race, it's a wide, smooth track which creates tight packs and makes for some exciting racing. By having the spoiler on the cars and a bigger restrictor plate, it will...
Ragan on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Talladega should be a pretty good race, it's a wide, smooth track which creates tight packs and makes for some exciting racing. By having the spoiler on the cars and a bigger restrictor plate, it will allow drivers to make more moves. There should be more passing and less riding around in single file. Our UPS team is always strong at Talladega and we are all looking forward to getting on the track this weekend."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"The test last month with the spoiler at Talladega went really well and we're looking forward to heading there this weekend. For me it's the last place that I was part of a win and as a whole our group has been really good there. David has a really good track record at these superspeedways and was running up front all day in the 500, until getting shuffled back at the end. I think we've got a car that can win."
* Ragan's primary Ford led laps during the Daytona 500 and ran up front most of the race. The backup car is Jamie McMurray's winning Ford from the fall race at Talladega last year.
* All four of the Roush Cup entries are running the new FR9 engine this weekend in Talladega.
* Ragan has visited Talladega Superspeedway six times in his Sprint Cup Series career. His best finish came in the fall of 2008 where he qualified 16th and finished third.
* In the spring of 2009 Ragan earned his first Nationwide Series victory at Talladega.J * Ragan was the only Roush driver to finish inside the top five in both Talladega races in 2008.
* Ragan also has one Camping World Truck Series start at Talladega. Ragan competed in the fall of 2006, qualifying second and finishing seventh.
* UPS Maximum Center Recognition--Talladega Superspeedway: The Opelika Center (SLIC - 3680) located in the Alabama District was selected for the April 25 Aaron's 499 as part of the UPS Center Recognition Program. The Opelika Center was the top center in the district for 2009 and is ranked number for the first quarter of 2010.