David Stremme and the No. 40 Wrigley's Winterfresh Dodge Team Facts: * Runnin' Hot at Talladega: DirecTV "Hot Pass" will feature the No. 40 Wrigley's Winterfresh team on Sunday, as David Stremme and crew race the high banks of Talladega ...
David Stremme and the No. 40 Wrigley's Winterfresh Dodge Team Facts:
* Runnin' Hot at Talladega: DirecTV "Hot Pass" will feature the No. 40 Wrigley's Winterfresh team on Sunday, as David Stremme and crew race the high banks of Talladega Superspeedway. They will be one of five teams featured on "Hot Pass." Subscribers can watch all of the action from the No. 40 car and pit area on DirecTV channel 797.
* Winterfresh to Race on Sunday: Wrigley's Winterfresh brand, which made its NASCAR Busch Series debut earlier this month at Nashville Superspeedway in Lebanon, Tenn., and was carried on board the No. 41 CGRFS Busch Dodge this past weekend at PIR in Avondale, Ariz., will be making its NASCAR NEXTEL Cup debut this upcoming Sunday on the No. 40 CGRFS Dodge.
* Turning it around: After a disappointing finish in Phoenix, Stremme gets behind the wheel of the Wrigley's Winterfresh car for the first time in NEXTEL NASCAR Cup competition. He has run the Wrigley's Winterfresh-sponsored car twice this season, scoring a pole position (Nashville) and two 11th place results.
* Busch Series Successes: David Stremme and the No. 41 Wrigley's team scored another solid 11th-place finish last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR), which gave the team another nice lift up--six positions total--in the overall point standings. The Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) Busch team is now 25th in the overall rundown with a running tally of 821, just 121 points out of 10th place.
Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Target Dodge Team Facts:
* Some Serious Square Footage: Did you know Target operates 1,502 stores with total store square footage of 194,156,576 square feet? That equals approximately 21 Talladega infields.
* Back in the Saddle: After a one-week hiatus, Sorenson will be back behind the wheel of the No. 41 Wrigley's Juicy Fruit ® Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series race at Talladega Superspeedway on April 28.
* Happy Birthday: Front-tire changer and Target team mechanic Jason Sheets will celebrate his 31st birthday on Fri., April 27. Sheets hails from Indianapolis, Ind., and he's been with Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates for 3½ years.
* Points Update: The Target team moved up two positions to 27th in the overall standings after finishing 15th in last weekend's race at Phoenix International Raceway. The team is 34 points out of 25th, 94 out of the top 20 and 219 points away from the final transfer position (12th) for the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target team have selected chassis #604 for the race at Talladega. This is the same car the team used in both Talladega events in 2006. Sorenson had solid runs going in both events but suffered engine problems in one and was swept up in an accident in the other. The team is hoping to back up their superspeedway run at Daytona in the season opener, with a solid top 15 this weekend.
Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts:
* Talladega: Juan Pablo Montoya made his first official start for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) stock car operation at Talladega Superspeedway last October in the ARCA race. Montoya qualified on the outside pole before experience drafting for the first time in a heavy stock car. Montoya raced several laps three wide, was involved in an incident on the track and dropped back as far as 31st before driving the No. 42 Dodge Charger across the finish line in third place. In his first NEXTEL Cup restrictor plate race in the Daytona 500, Montoya qualified 36th and finished 19th.
* Standings: Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team now sit 16th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 33rd-place finish on Saturday night in Phoenix. Montoya is only 90 points out of the top 10 in the driver standings following the Saturday evening race in Phoenix.
* Quick stat: Montoya has completed 99.5 percent of possible laps in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series so far this season. Out of a possible 2,694 laps of racing in 2007, Montoya has completed all but 14.
* Rookie Status: Montoya leads the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Raybestos Rookie standings by five points over David Ragan. Montoya earned Rookie of the Race in three of the eight races this season. In the Busch Series, Montoya sits second in the rookie standings by two points behind Marcos Ambrose. Montoya was Busch Series Rookie of the Race in Phoenix.
* 20th Anniversary Note: The late Davey Allison, driving a Texaco/Havoline car is the only Raybestos® Rookie to win the Aaron's 499 at Talladega. He won the 1987 event by .78 seconds over Terry Labonte. Allison also led the most laps in the race, holding the top spot six times for 108 of the 178 laps (the event was shortened by 10 laps due to darkness). Allison remains the only Rookie to lead the most laps in the spring race and holds the record for most laps led by a rookie in the spring race at Talladega.
* Chassis: Crew chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are taking chassis #006 for this week's 188-lap race in Talladega. This is not the car Montoya ran in the Daytona 500, but a rebuilt chassis out of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Charger stable.
* Happy Birthday: Texaco/Havoline crew member Ryan Quann will be celebrating his birthday on Sunday. Quann is pit support for Montoya on Sunday's and hails from Richmond, Va.