Carl Edwards Team: No. 99 Claritin Ford Fusion Crew Chief: Bob Osborne Chassis: RK-629 last raced in the Daytona 500. Started 16th and finished 18th. QUOTES Carl Edwards on racing at Talladega Superspeedway: "Right now we are in a great...
Team: No. 99 Claritin Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-629 last raced in the Daytona 500. Started 16th and finished 18th.
Carl Edwards on racing at Talladega Superspeedway: "Right now we are in a great position in points. We have been running really well. All we need to do is go to Talladega and continue that. I definitely am going to make sure I don't cause a giant accident. Last time I was there I did not leave happy and neither did the other people involved. We just need to go in there, have a nice solid race and hopefully come out with a top-five finish."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Talladega Superspeedway: "Talladega is a tough track. Your fate is controlled by others around you and as we learned last year, one wrong move can ruin the day for a lot of people. But, that's restrictor plate racing and you just deal with each situation the best you can. We've yet to win one of these races, so it would be nice to check that off the list this weekend."
* Carl Edwards will make his 10th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Talladega Superspeedway in this weekend's Aaron's 499.
* FOR THE RECORD... In his previous nine starts, Edwards has one top-five and three top-10 finishes. Edwards' average start at Talladega is 16.2, his average finish is 24.6.
* Edwards' has completed 81.8% of his laps attempted at Talladega.
* ON THE TRACK... The No. 99 team will carry the Claritin paint scheme this weekend. This is the first and only time in 2009 Edwards' Ford Fusion will don the Claritin design.
* The Claritin crew will be unloading chassis RK-629 this weekend. This is the same Ford Fusion that Edwards raced in this year's Daytona 500. He started that race 16th and was relegated to an 18th-place finish after rain shortened the event.
* REWIND TALLADEGA October 2008...Edwards' qualified 12th last year at Talladega, but a crash caused him to leave the race 17 laps early.
* EDWARDS AT TALLADEGA... Edwards has not had a top 10 or better finish at Talladega since 2006. He has only finished one of the past four races there.
* If Edwards wins at Talladega he will be the first Roush Fenway driver to capture victory there since Mark Martin in 1997.
* 2009...In the 2009 Sprint Cup Series, Edwards' average running position is 10.6. He has achieved one top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* Edwards enters Talladega eighth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings, 219 markers behind leader Jeff Gordon.
* To hear Edwards give his take on racing at Talladega, please log on to www.AflacRacing.com .