Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * The Best at Infineon: Marlin has competed in 16 races at Infineon Raceway. His highest starting spot was sixth in 2000, and his highest finish also came in 2000 when he ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* The Best at Infineon: Marlin has competed in 16 races at Infineon Raceway. His highest starting spot was sixth in 2000, and his highest finish also came in 2000 when he finished second.
* Last Year at Infineon: Marlin and the Coors Light team overcame a 26th starting spot, being involved in two altercations and difficulties with third gear to finish 21st in the Dodge/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway last year. He was 19th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship points standings when he left Infineon.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #001 this weekend at Infineon. This is the same car that Marlin piloted to a 21st-place finish last year at Infineon and a 36th-place finish at Watkins Glen.
* Dodge City: Marlin will be at the Dodge City event behind the grandstands in the asphalt paddock on Saturday. Come and get Marlin's autograph from 1--1:30pm. Tickets will be given out prior to the event.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is currently 24th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after finishing 40th in Michigan. He is 334 points out of the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
STEVE BOYER, CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
"We are taking the same car that Sterling finished second with at Infineon in 2000 and that we tested with at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) this month. Between our test at VIR and the information our teammates, the No. 39 & No. 42, gathered during their test in Sonoma, we think we can get a good finish this week at the first road course event of the year. We hope to build on the tradition Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates started in 2004 with three cars finishing in the top-ten."