KASEY KAHNE QUOTES On Racing at Infineon. "We did some testing last week with Boris Said, trying to figure it out, and trying to get better at road racing. I really enjoy road racing. I'm not where I want to be there yet, but I think our cars...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
On Racing at Infineon. "We did some testing last week with Boris Said, trying to figure it out, and trying to get better at road racing. I really enjoy road racing. I'm not where I want to be there yet, but I think our cars are really good and everything is good. We've just got to get the driver to step up a little bit and keep improving. Hopefully this weekend we'll keep it on the road the whole race and have a good result. I think we can definitely get a top 15 or top 10 or maybe better than that out of it."
On the Win at Michigan. "We had a really great Dodge Charger up there. We felt good about it and qualified first. That really helped out our pit stops on Sunday, and the pit crew did an awesome job. It was a great team effort. Those guys did an awesome job after we had to fall back because of debris on the nose of the car. We got back up there. and proud to be driving that car. It was pretty good. I'm having the guys over tomorrow (Wednesday) night, everyone on my team. We're having a big barbeque and going to have some fun. We've had it planned for awhile and now to win again it's going to make for a pretty good time for tomorrow (Wednesday) night."
KASEY KAHNE AT INFINEON RACEWAY
* Special Scheme. Kahne will be running a special paint scheme again this weekend, promoting Dodge's line of SRT (Street and Racing Technology) vehicles.
* VIR Test. Kahne tested with road-course ace Boris Said and his Evernham teammates at VIR last week in preparation for this weekend's race at Infineon.
* 4-0 with Chassis EMS 128. Last weekend in Michigan, Kahne made it 4-0 with chassis 128, which he has driven to all of his victories this season. With it he posted his fourth win and fourth pole of the 2006 season in the special 'Click' schemed-Charger.
* Movin' on up. With the win, Kahne picked up two positions in the points and currently sits third in the championship standings.
* Consistency key to success. Kahne has 10 top-10 finishes in 2006. One year ago, he was ranked 19th in the point standings with four top-10 finishes.