Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport a Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" paint scheme at Infineon Raceway this weekend. The "Shine On" series ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport a Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" paint scheme at Infineon Raceway this weekend. The "Shine On" series was introduced this season to pay tribute to Texaco/Havoline's successful NASCAR history while emphasizing the iconic status of the star, which has led the way on the hood of a Texaco/Havoline car in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for over 18 years. The particular star logo on the Infineon car was introduced in 1936 and was used until 1963. McMurray has already competed with "Shine On" cars at Texas and Charlotte, and he'll also be running one at Talladega in October. Yesterday. Today. Down The Road. SHINE ON
* Extra Man: Scott Pruett will be teaming up McMurray, Sterling Marlin and Casey Mears at Infineon, driving a fourth entry for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. He will pilot the No. 39 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" Dodge with a paint scheme very similar to McMurray's No. 42 Dodge. Pruett finished third in last year's Dodge/Save Mart 350.
* Testing 123: The No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Team tested at Infineon Raceway on June 7.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team will bring chassis #310 to Infineon Raceway this week. This is the same car they tested with a few weeks ago and the same one McMurray drove to a second-place finish in last year's Dodge/Save Mart 350.
* Championship Standings: The No. 42 Texaco/Havoline team jumped up one position to 11th in the overall NEXTEL Cup Series standings after their 13th-place effort last weekend at Michigan International Speedway. McMurray is only four points out of 10th place and just 105 out of fifth heading into Sonoma.
Jamie McMurray on Infineon:
"I'm really looking forward to a return trip to Infineon. We had an awesome run out there last year and I'm hoping to back that up or better it by one position. We had a solid test there a couple of weeks ago using the same car we ran last year, and everyone on the Texaco/Havoline team is very optimistic about our chances heading into the weekend. We're coming off two solid weekends in the points race, and we're planning on keeping that momentum going."
"This is a big weekend for my sponsor, Texaco/Havoline, since they're based down the road in San Ramon, Calif. It would mean a lot to everyone on the team to have a strong showing for them this weekend. If I can keep all four tires on the track and off the sand and dirt, we should have a good run on the road course."