Sterling Marlin Coors Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates ...
Coors Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
#40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T
Pontiac Excitement 400 (race #11 of 36)
Richmond International Raceway, ¾-mile paved oval
Qualifying: May 2
Race: May 3
Television: FX pre-race show begins at 6:30 p.m. EDT
Radio: MRN race coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. EDT Race begins at 7 p.m. EDT
COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS
* Richmond: In 32 career starts at Richmond International Raceway, Marlin has scored three top-5 and seven top-10 finishes. He has no wins and no poles at the track. Marlin's best start is third (6/6/98 and 9/8/01) and his best finish is fourth (9/11/99) at Richmond.
* Car: The Coors Light team will take car #105 to Richmond. Car #105 also raced at Martinsville this season.
* Points Race: Marlin remains first in championship points for the ninth straight race (Rockingham to California). He is the only driver to rank in the top-10 in NASCAR Winston Cup championship points since the 2001 Daytona 500.
* Consistent: Marlin has finished in the top-10 in all but two of the races this season including non-points races. His two finishes outside of the top-10 were 19th at Bristol and 12th at Martinsville. Marlin has qualified outside of the top-10 for all but one race this season including non-points races. He started sixth at Rockingham.
* Marlin became the first repeat winner in 2002 with his victory at Darlington and is the only driver to begin the 2002 season with seven top-10 finishes. (Marlin career stats at Richmond International Raceway attached)