Robby Gordon No. 7 Menards/Energizer Chevrolet Charging as high as third during 188-laps of superspeedway excitement at Talladega, Gordon and the No. 7 Menards/Turtle Wax Ice Chevrolet crossed the line in 10th-place garnering the team's highest...
No. 7 Menards/Energizer Chevrolet
Charging as high as third during 188-laps of superspeedway excitement at Talladega, Gordon and the No. 7 Menards/Turtle Wax Ice Chevrolet crossed the line in 10th-place garnering the team's highest finish this season and gaining three positions in the point standings (28th). Back to the short tracks this week, Gordon will attempt to capture his second win under the lights at Richmond International Raceway, the ¾-mile fixture on the NASCAR circuit and sight of his first NASCAR Busch Series win in 2004.
Menards/Energizer Fast Facts:
* Power Up -- The 10th race of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series marks the fourth time the No. 7 will carry the Menards' colors and the second time that Energizer will be taking prime real estate on the hood. Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR), http://www.energizer.com , headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of primary batteries and flashlights and a global leader in the dynamic business of providing portable power. It offers a full portfolio of products including its premium brand, Energizer(R) MAX(R); its high performance brands, Energizer(R) e2(R) Lithium, Energizer(R) e2(R) Titanium Technology(R) and Energizer(R) Rechargeable; and Specialty batteries. Jim Beam, Harrah's and CarLoan.com will serve as associates.
* Chassis -- Gordon will run chassis No. 107 at Richmond which ran up front at California until fuel mileage issues left him with a 26th-place finish. At last fall's race at Lowe's Motor Speedway, Gordon finished 32nd in No. 107 after an accident 278 laps in to the 336-lap event. The chassis also made a recent visit to the wind tunnel.
* Winning Ways -- This race marks Gordon's 14th appearance at Richmond with two Busch Series and 12 Nextel Cup Series starts at the D-shaped oval. In September 2004, Gordon captured his first Busch Series win at the Emerson Radio 250 after a three-car battle with 15 laps to go. In Cup Series competition, Gordon holds one top-five, two top-10 and three top-15 starts and one top-five and one top-10 finish.
* Autograph Appearances -- Gordon will visit with fans and sign autographs at his souvenir trailer on Saturday, May 6 from 4-4:45 p.m.
* Tight Race -- A mere 18 points separates Gordon from moving up five places to 23rd in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series points and only 80 points separates him from retaking a spot in the top 20.
Robby Gordon's Quotes on Richmond
"Coming off our 10th-place finish at Talladega, our team's got a lot of confidence heading into Richmond. I feel like things are continuing to come together for us. We've got some new additions to our roster this week, and I know we'll have another successful weekend and hopefully bring home another top-10.
"I like racing at Richmond, because it's got a short track feel but your car carries a lot of speed at the track. It's where I won my first Busch Series race two years ago and our team went to victory lane for the first time together, so the track holds some good memories for me. Handling is the issue at Richmond, and communication between driver and crew is critical. We've been up front almost every week and I'm sure the No. 7 Menards/Energizer Chevy will be up front looking for the lead again this weekend."