* In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded four starts at Richmond International Raceway. * His best finish in four starts was his first race at the speedway when Menard started 43rd and improved 27 positions to finish 16th. * Nibco will...
* In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded four starts at Richmond International Raceway.
* His best finish in four starts was his first race at the speedway when Menard started 43rd and improved 27 positions to finish 16th.
* Nibco will make its debut on the hood of the No. 98 Nibco / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's Crown Royal Presents the Russ Friedman 400.
* Last weekend in Talladega, Menard tied his season-best finish of 13th and remains 32nd in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings.
Primary -- RK-509 -- Last raced at Martinsville 2009; Finished 25th
Backup -- RK-506
Menard on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Richmond is a tough track and one that changes as the race goes on. It used to be there was only one groove on the bottom of the track, but over the last few races, the groove has moved up the track and allowed for some good racing. It's important at Richmond, like most of the tracks we visit, to qualify up front. It really helps you throughout the race. It's also important to make sure your car handles well; otherwise, it's a long night of racing.
"We had a pretty good finish last week in Talladega, given everything that happened in the race. This weekend, we are looking for another good finish in our No. 98 Nibco / Menards Ford Fusion and hopefully continue to move up in the points."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"With the practice schedule and the way qualifying is at Richmond, unloading off the truck is really important. You need to make sure you are ready to go when you hit the track. Handling and qualifying are so important at Richmond; the higher up the leaderboard that you start, the better your chances are for a solid finish. We've had some strong cars the last few weeks and need to continue our efforts this weekend in Richmond."