JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES "We can't wait to get to Richmond. We had an awesome run there last year, leading something like 150 laps (151), getting the win and earning a spot in the Chase. It couldn't get any better than that. We've improved ...
JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES
"We can't wait to get to Richmond. We had an awesome run there last year, leading something like 150 laps (151), getting the win and earning a spot in the Chase. It couldn't get any better than that. We've improved since then and should be very competitive. It's a night race -- what's not to like about a night race?
"We got off to a slow start this season with the rule changes and a new car -- the Dodge Charger -- but with the effort this team has put in plus a lot of testing, we've managed to sort things out and get back on track. In the last three to four races, we've had very good racecars. The Evernham chassis are working well. Slugger (Labbe) and I communicate better each race. He knows what I'm looking for in the handling and I'm giving him the information he needs to make the adjustments to create that feel. When we unload at the track, we can focus on fine-tuning the car and not have to spend all our time trying to get the car balanced. Saturday night at a short track. What could be better?"
STATS & FACTS
JEREMY MAYFIELD AT RICHMOND
* This weekend will mark Mayfield's 23rd Cup Series career start at Richmond. He has earned one win, three top-fives and six top 10 finishes at the track and has led six times for 174 laps led.
* Mayfield earned his best start/finish at Richmond in last year's fall race. He started seventh and moved up through the field to earn his first victory at the track.
MAYFIELD ROCKS & ROLLS AT RICHMOND!!
* Mayfield's victory at Richmond last fall was his first with Evernham Motorsports and fourth of his career.
* Mayfield also became the first driver to score a NASCAR Cup victory in the No. 19 race car dating back to its first entry in 1975.
NEW EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS CHASSIS
* The No. 19 Dodge team has been very pleased with the brand new Evernham Motorsports chassis that it has run this year. The team will run the same in-house chassis No. 113 that it brought to Martinsville and Phoenix earlier this year. Mayfield finished 15th at Martinsville and 13th at Phoenix in this chassis.
* The No. 19 Dew Crew added Donald Marvel as rear tire carrier beginning last weekend at Darlington. Marvel will again this weekend at Richmond.
* After racing at Darlington Mayfield is holding strong at 15th in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series point standings. He is just seventy-two points away from breaking in to the top 10 and 134 points away from the top five.
* After testing at Kentucky Speedway in March, Mayfield's No.19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team improved upon breakthrough aerodynamic changes originally discovered in the Atlanta race. Mayfield was pleased to announce, "We said we were going to test our butts off at Kentucky and really figure it out. We hit on something that's going to be huge for us the rest of the year. It will get the aero balance back where it needs to be. This is definitely going to be the turning point of our season."