HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #301. This is the same car McMurray raced at Martinsville Speedway a few weeks back and was running in the top five with until the engine let go.
* McMurray will be making his first NASCAR Winston Cup Series start at Richmond International Raceway this weekend. He has four previous NASCAR Busch Series starts and one NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series start at Richmond with a best finish of second (Busch - 9/6/02).
* McMurray returns to Richmond International Raceway for the first time since he was named driver of the Havoline Dodge in a press conference last fall at the track.
* McMurray and the Havoline team come to Richmond 24th in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently lead the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray is coming off his second top-five and third top-10 finish of the season after his fifth-place run last weekend in the AUTO CLUB 500 at California Speedway.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"I didn't realize that I'd run so well at Richmond the last couple of years, but I've had quite a bit of success there in the Busch car. We're taking the same car we ran at Martinsville, and we had a top 10 car there, so I'm looking forward to going to Richmond. That's a fun place to race because you can run two wide around it. I'm looking forward to going there. I love to go get to do the short track stuff after being at some of these big race tracks. It's nice to get to go back and do the short track races. Bodies might play a small role at Richmond, but obviously not as much as they do at California. You just don't hear guys talk about being aero tight and all of that, and that makes racing so much more fun when you can take all those out of the equation."