No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Coors Light crew are taking chassis No. 504 for the Crown Royal 400 this weekend. This is the first time the chassis will see competition this season. * Testing:...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Coors Light crew are taking chassis No. 504 for the Crown Royal 400 this weekend. This is the first time the chassis will see competition this season.
* Testing: Stremme and the Coors Light team are taking part in the two-day open test at Lowe's Motor Speedway this week in preparation for the All-Star and Coca-Cola 600 races in two weeks. The Coors Light team also participated in a two-day test at Richmond International Raceway two weeks ago.
* Richmond Revisited: This will be Stremme's second start in a NEXTEL Cup car at Richmond International Raceway. Last fall in his second Cup start of the 2005 season, the No. 39 Navy Dodge started in the 34th position. After falling a lap down and fighting for the NASCAR's free pass, an accident ended the team's hopes for a top-15 finish. Stremme was forced to settle for a 42nd-place finish after spending 44 laps behind the wall.
* Richmond Round-Up: Stremme has had six NASCAR Busch Series starts at the .75-mile oval. His highest starting position in a Busch car is seventh in 2003 and his highest finish is eighth in 2004.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. Stremme, with 63 points, is 28 points behind leader Clint Bowyer.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme dropped a spot in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship points standings. After the early race incident at Talladega, he is now 37th. He is 454 points out of the 10th spot and 284 points out of the top 20.
Steve Lane, Crew Chief Quotes:
What kind of changes do you see for the No. 40 team now that you are crew chief?
"We're going to try to make our cars in line with the No. 41 and No. 42 cars. Being out of the top 35 like we are, we need to get closer to those cars so we can use more of their information. Both of our other teams are running well right now, but since I have worked on the No. 41 the past few years I think we will try and get in line with that car. I really appreciate the opportunity Chip and Felix have given me. This is the perfect opportunity for me, so I hope I can make the most of it."
What do you think about David Stremme?
"We've definitely got a good driver, there's no doubt. David is our guy at the 40 car, no matter what. The main thing is we give him everything he needs to win races. He's proved he can get it done and I definitely believe in David."