WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" 3M Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, WAR! divisions on the third-mile "Bud Bowl". This is the Championship race for the WAR! ...
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" 3M Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, WAR! divisions on the third-mile "Bud Bowl". This is the Championship race for the WAR! division and the Smokehouse BBQ 2002 Miss Portland Speedway Contest.
WHEN: Friday, September 7, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with racing beginning at 6:45pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc.
EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883
Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, WAR!,
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
· Lisa Jesson-Tanner trails Kari Puncochar by 15 points going into the championship race Friday. Tanner has to win all events Friday evening and finish five places ahead of Puncochar to have any chance at the title.
· Scott Puncochar of Hillsboro, Ore. leads the Street Stock point standings by 101 points over Brad Tanner of Clackamas, Ore. Tanner has driven cars in six different divisions this season. Puncochar won last week to extend his points lead.
· Dan Cherington won his fifth feature race of the season last week in the Figure 8 class. Dan Cherington tops the point standings by 21 markers over his brother Joe Cherington.
- Eric Sayre has charged to the top of the NWRS Grand American Modified point standings on the strength of five feature wins. He leads Tiger Tom Pinkowsky by 17 points going into the final two events.
· The Formula USA Flat Track Motorcycles will be here Saturday, September 8 for their second visit to the "Monster" half- mile clay oval. Advance tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets.
- Championship night for the rest of the Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, and Figure 8 cars will be Friday, September 14.
- The final event of the season is the two-day Dirt Stock Car Open presented by NAPA Auto Parts Friday and Saturday, September 21 & 22 featuring the Outlaw Late Model Stock Cars, Modifieds, and Street Stocks. This event will be contest on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval and will feature Outlaw Late Model Dirt Stock Cars from all over the Northwest.