Matt Kenseth Fast Facts * Matt Kenseth's win at Dover was the 12th of his NEXTEL Cup career, and the second of 2006. * Dover becomes the tenth different track that Kenseth has scored a win at. 2006 becomes the third season in which Kenseth...
* Matt Kenseth's win at Dover was the 12th of his NEXTEL Cup career, and the second of 2006.
* Dover becomes the tenth different track that Kenseth has scored a win at. 2006 becomes the third season in which Kenseth has recorded multiple wins.
* Kenseth's eight top-five finishes in 2006 is currently tops among NEXTEL Cup Series drivers.
* In Kenseth's first 10 trips to Pocono, he finished on the lead lap nine out 10 times. However, last year, Kenseth finished one or more laps down in both races.
* Kenseth has led only 23 laps in 12 races at Pocono, the lowest total number of laps led at any track where Kenseth has 10 or more starts.
* Tracking Kenseth's turnaround; at this point in 2005 compared to this season
Kenseth on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono hasn't been one of our better tracks; especially last year, this place really hurt us in the points. But, we're riding a pretty good wave of momentum right now. Coming off of an awesome win at Dover means a lot. That was a special win for me and the team and our sponsor DEWALT because being only one and a half hours away, they kind of consider Dover their home track, and they had a big turnout. But, that was last week, and that's how you have to approach this, week by week. Pocono is a new weekend and a completely different track. You need a lot of grip off the corners, which are pretty flat, if you're going to get the big run you need down the straight-a-ways to make the pass. It's a unique track with a lot of room to pass, it's really fast and I'm looking to have a lot of fun out there on Sunday."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono creates a lot of different challenges for your team as far as race setup. I think that's why you see teams bring so many different type cars here. Some bring short track cars, some bring speedway cars; we're bringing a brand new car that we sort of built with this place in mind. It's never tested other than a little wind tunnel time, so we're anxious to see how it's going to work out."