FAST FACTS * With a 12.8-average starting position, Pocono Raceway ranks as the best qualifying track for Jamie McMurray. * McMurray's average finish at Pocono Raceway is a 19.8. * In eight starts at the 2.5-mile, tri-oval track, McMurray...
* With a 12.8-average starting position, Pocono Raceway ranks as the best qualifying track for Jamie McMurray.
* McMurray's average finish at Pocono Raceway is a 19.8.
* In eight starts at the 2.5-mile, tri-oval track, McMurray has one NEXTEL Cup pole and two top-10 finishes.
* McMurray will run the IRWIN Industrial Tools blue and yellow paint scheme in this weekend's Pocono 500 race.
* McMurray is currently 14th in the NEXTEL Cup point standings and only 24 points out of the "Chase."
McMurray on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"After our run last weekend in Dover, I'm really looking forward to Pocono this weekend. I've run well at Pocono, although my results don't really show it. Pocono is a track that I really enjoy running at, mainly because it's different than any of the other tracks we run. A couple years ago I sat on the pole, and with the success the No. 26 team has had with qualifying this season, I expect we will post a pretty good effort again this weekend in Pocono. Our No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion should have a good weekend.
"Last weekend wasn't the effort we wanted; we missed a couple of adjustments throughout the race. It was just one of those weekends that you need to put behind you and focus on the upcoming week."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono is a challenging track to set up for because of how complex the track is and how tough it is on our engines. You have to set up for high speed runs down the backstretch and then figure out how to get your car to turn through the flat corners of Pocono. The track is challenging on both the engine, as well as the driver. It's a long race. Hopefully, we'll take this No. 26 Ford Fusion and post another top-10 finish at Pocono this weekend. I know all the guys are looking forward to another run this weekend, as last weekend wasn't our best foot forward. The guys were strong in the pits, but it wasn't enough to move us up the leaderboard. Needless to say, we are all looking forward to Pocono."