Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Pocono Raceway. * In nine starts at Pocono, Kahne has earned one win, two top-five and three top-10 finishes. * In June, Kahne started from...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Pocono Raceway.
* In nine starts at Pocono, Kahne has earned one win, two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
* In June, Kahne started from the pole and led 69 laps en route to his first victory at Pocono.
* There have been six season sweeps at Pocono, including two of the past four seasons.
* The Budweiser Shootout will return in 2009 as part of Budweiser's multi-year sponsorship renewal with Daytona International Speedway.
* Kahne is ninth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings. He is 563 points behind series leader Kyle Busch.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono:
Are you looking forward to returning to Pocono? "Yes, we saved the same car. The car was brand new for the first Pocono race and it's been waiting to go back. As fast as it was in June during qualifying and the race, I think it should be strong, a car that can run in the top 10 if we make the right adjustments. I don't see why we can't have a shot at another win. As good as it was the first race, if we do the right things, we should have another shot."
Do you feel like your team is picking up momentum? "We've missed it a couple times in the last month as far as the finish, but we've had good points in all those races. The next six races are tracks that I've run well at in the past and look forward to going back to them again. If things go smooth and we don't have the wrecks and things that can happen in the sport, we should have a shot at making The Chase."
Heat was a concern for several teams during the Pocono race in June. What can Gillett Evernham do to alleviate some of those issues? "I think our cars are good as far as the heat inside the car. The guys work hard at the shop to make them as cool as they can underneath the seats and try to keep the exhaust heat away from me."