Pocono Raceway News and Notes * Pocono's Camry...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the event at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway is chassis No. 107. This is the same car the team utilized last ...
Pocono Raceway News and Notes
* Pocono's Camry...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the event at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway is chassis No. 107. This is the same car the team utilized last weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
* Mayfield's Career Stats... Mayfield hopes to make his 411th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for the event Sunday afternoon. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 21st (qualified 23rd) in his first Cup Series start in Pocono in 1994.
* Mayfield in Pocono...Mayfield has made 25 starts on the 2.5-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 10 on seven occasions. He has also earned nine top-10 finishes at Pocono, including two victories, which came in 1998 and 2000.
* BDR at Pocono...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the Pennsylvania track since 1993 and have made 37 starts. Those drivers have posted one top-10 finish.
* Bring your walking shoes...Mayfield is scheduled to take part in the Ernie Irvan's LAPS walk at Pocono Raceway Saturday. Mayfield and several other Cup Series drivers will walk 1.25 miles on the track beginning at 3:30 p.m.
* Pocono's Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Sunday afternoon's event is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. ET Friday, Aug. 3. The 200-lap event is scheduled to start at 2:05 p.m. ET Sunday, Aug. 5, and will broadcast LIVE on ESPN (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Jeremy Mayfield on Pocono...
"Pocono Raceway has at times been really good to me throughout the years, which made it especially heartbreaking when we weren't able to make the race the last time we were here. I certainly think we've got a much better shot at it this time around. We're a stronger race team for sure, and I feel pretty good that it's not going to happen again this weekend. We're bringing the same car to Pocono that we took to Indianapolis, and it was strong there in practice. We ran into some issues during qualifying that we didn't expect, but the handling of the car was really good all weekend, so I think we've got a good shot at not only qualifying for the race, but also running strong on Sunday."