Bobby Labonte on racing at Pocono Raceway: "Pocono will be the first track since Daytona that we will race for the second time this season. So far we've not had the season we'd hoped for, the performance just hasn't been there. But, we're...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono will be the first track since Daytona that we will race for the second time this season. So far we've not had the season we'd hoped for, the performance just hasn't been there. But, we're working on a lot of things and I am looking for a better second-half of the season.
"Pocono is an interesting track, it's definitely not like any other track we go to and it's probably the most strung out of races all year. You have to really be ready for a long day when it comes to nutrition and hydration. I've had a couple wins and a few top fives there. You have to really find your line and stay on it."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono is the most unique race track we go to on the circuit. It is a challenging race track, but I enjoy racing there. With three different corners and a very long straightaway it takes a series of compromises to the setup to run fast there. I have a lot of confidence in our driver and team and look forward to a good showing for the DLP team on Sunday."
* Bobby Labonte will make his 567th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and 34th start at Pocono Raceway in Sunday's Pennsylvania 500.
* FOR THE RECORD...In 33 starts at Pocono, Labonte has achieved three wins, five top-five and nine top-10 finishes. Labonte's average start is 16.6; his average finish is 18.0.
* LAPS...Labonte has completed 6152 of 6485 (94.9%) of the laps he has attempted at Pocono.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 96 will sport the black DLP paint scheme this weekend at Pocono. The No. 96 DLP Ford Fusion team will bring chassis RK-609 to Pocono this weekend. This is the same Ford that Labonte raced at Pocono earlier this year.
* REWIND, POCONO, June 2009... A fuel gamble at the end of the Pocono 500 did not produce the finish for Labonte and the No. 96 team after the Ford Fusion came up short by a mere half lap. Labonte coasted across the start/finish line in 28th position. With only 40 laps remaining, rain showers teased the 2.5-mile raceway and a prolonged caution presented an opportunity for teams to take a gamble on fuel mileage. Labonte, having just pitted for tires and full a few laps prior, again visited pit road for a top-off of Sunoco fuel as the field took the green flag with 35 laps to go. The gamble worked as many race cars came down pit road for fuel as green laps continued. Labonte was scored in 17th position with 12 laps to go, posting lap times equivalent to leader. However, after the white flag was flown signally a final lap, Labonte reported to have run out of fuel and the No. 96 Ford was passed by several cars as it coasted across the start/finish line to complete the race in Long Pond, Pa.