Carl Edwards on racing at Pocono Raceway: "I am definitely glad to be heading to Pocono. It's a track that we have had a lot of success at and we should have great results. Pocono is very unique and all three sides race differently. It's our ...
Carl Edwards on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"I am definitely glad to be heading to Pocono. It's a track that we have had a lot of success at and we should have great results. Pocono is very unique and all three sides race differently. It's our first of several split weekends, so there will be a lot of flying back and forth. We need to stay up front and have a good points day. Our goal is to dig into the points and the best way to do that is to get our Ford into victory lane."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Pocono is the most unique race track we go to on the circuit. It is a challenging race track, but I enjoy racing there. With three different corners and a very long straightaway, there is a fine line between being good and being good enough to win. It takes a series of compromises to the setup to run fast there.
"The 99 team pulled off the win in the August there last year, and I'd like nothing more than to go back and win again it this time around."
* Carl Edwards enters Pocono 11th in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings, 271 markers behind the leader, Tony Stewart. Edwards was ranked fifth in the standings last year heading into Pocono, 320 points behind then leader, Kyle Busch.
* FOR THE RECORD...Edwards will make his ninth Cup start at Pocono this weekend. In his previous eight starts, Edwards has accumulated two wins, three top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* LAPS...Edwards has completed 1505 of 1510 or 99.7% of the laps he has attempted in Cup competition at Pocono. He has led 240 laps there.
* ON THE TRACK...The Aflac team will bring chassis RK-558 to Pocono this weekend. Edwards raced this chassis most recently at Lowe's Motor Speedway in October of 2008. He started that race second, but was relegated to a 33rd-place finish after a parts failure. Edwards also scored a second-place finish in RK-558 at Fontana in August of 2008.
* REWIND, POCONO, August 2008... Edwards picked up his fourth victory of the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season at Pocono Raceway by overcoming a late-race gamble to pit when weather became an issue to pick up his second career victory at the triangular track in the Pocono Mountains.