* In 11 previous starts at Phoenix International Raceway, Kasey Kahne has one top five and three top-10 finishes. His average start at the one-mile track is 12.4 and his average finish is 19.2. * Kahne's best start at PIR is fourth (November...
* In 11 previous starts at Phoenix International Raceway, Kasey Kahne has one top five and three top-10 finishes. His average start at the one-mile track is 12.4 and his average finish is 19.2.
* Kahne's best start at PIR is fourth (November 2009) and his best finish at the track is fifth (November 2004).
* Six races into the 2010 season, Kahne has racked up one top five and two top-10 finishes. He is currently ranked 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings and is 114 points outside of the top-12 cut-off point for the Chase for the Championship.
* Kahne will celebrate his 30th birthday on Saturday with 375 miles of racing action at PIR.
* Kahne will be available for open interviews with members of the motorsports media at the No. 9 Budweiser hauler at 2:20 p.m. on Friday, April 9.
Kasey Kahne discusses racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
Talk about the unique shape of Phoenix International Raceway? "It's a pretty unique race track. To me, it's a neat place to go (race). The weather always seems to be good out there. That's a track that I haven't really run that well at. Early on (in my career) I did...my first year. We've kind of been up-and-down there. I feel like this year, with where we're at right now and the gains that we've made in the last month. Phoenix will be another track where we can run pretty well."
What are the keys to success at Phoenix?
"You need good forward drive off the corner and getting your car to turn all day off the corner will be the key at Phoenix. Each corner drives differently and you really have to have your car set up well in order to be competitive."