Car Info: Raced at Martinsville; ran in top five until being sidelined with mechanical problems just past the half-way mark. KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "I think it's safe to say the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team will have a keen ...
Raced at Martinsville; ran in top five until being sidelined with mechanical problems just past the half-way mark.
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"I think it's safe to say the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team will have a keen interest in Thursday's Bud Pole qualifying for the Nextel Cup Series at Phoenix. All three of my wins have come from the pole. One of the big advantages is pit selection with the pole winning team getting first choice. My crew seems to perform at its best from that No. 1 spot on pit road.
"We had a good run at Phoenix my rookie season, but had problems there last year. I like the track and with Kenny (Francis, team director), Mike (Shiplett, car director) and Keith (Rodden, engineer) working together the way they have this year and the team communication, I'm confident we can have a competitive run at Phoenix. It's just a matter of continuing what we've been doing all season -- working together and communicating."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
* Saturday's race marks Kasey Kahne's fourth start at Phoenix International Raceway. Last spring he started 14th and finished 17th at Phoenix.
* In three starts at Phoenix, Kahne has collected one top five, one top 10 and earned $322,275.
* His best start and finish at the track came in 2004 when he qualified fourth and took the checkered flag in fifth position.
KAHNE PICKS UP SECOND WIN OF THE SEASON AT TEXAS
* For the third time in his NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series career, Kahne was a double winner on race weekend. Two weekends ago at Texas Motor Speedway he picked up the pole award and then went on to win the race as well. Kahne has also won both the pole award and race in his other two career victories at Richmond International Raceway and Atlanta Motor Speedway. KAHNE CHARGES TO WIN AT ATLANTA
* Kahne collected his second-career victory in the Golden Corral 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The win was the first for Dodge at Atlanta in 29 years.
* His win was the eighth Nextel Cup Series win for Evernham Motorsports. The organization has now won at least one race each year since it's inception in 2001.