McMurray on racing at Phoenix International Raceway: "Phoenix is a fun race track to run at, but it's also a challenging track because you have to set up your car for two different corners. Turns one and two are completely different from turns...
McMurray on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Phoenix is a fun race track to run at, but it's also a challenging track because you have to set up your car for two different corners. Turns one and two are completely different from turns three and four, so your car has to be balanced well enough to turn at both ends due to the unique shape of the track. This weekend's race is the first Saturday night race of the regular season and racing under the lights at night is just such a cool feeling because it reminds me of the days of short track racing when I was growing up. The last time we raced at Phoenix, our team left with a third-place finish, and it would be nice to claim that again for our Crown Royal team on Saturday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Our focus for this weekend at Phoenix is to have a car with enough adjustability built into it that we're able to adapt to the changes we'll find in the track condition Saturday night. Phoenix is a very unique 1-mile track that's very flat and has very different corners at each end of the track. Our Crown Royal team was able to participate in a tire test back in January and that allowed us to get a little insight into what we might expect for this weekend, but Jamie (McMurray) achieved a third-place finish the last time he raced here so we're looking forward to another finish just like that for Saturday night."
* In his 11 career Cup series starts at Phoenix, McMurray averages a 16.5 starting position and a 21.7 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Phoenix came November 2008 when he finished third
* This weekend at Phoenix, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* McMurray has achieved one Top-10 and one Top-five finish in his 11 career Cup series starts at Phoenix International Raceway
* SFC Chris Dempsey will serve as the Honorary Pit Crew Member for Saturday's race. Dempsey has 17 years of military service and currently is full-time in the Arizona Army National Guard in Yuma, AZ