No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #504 at Phoenix International Raceway this weekend. This is the same car that Marlin piloted to 26th, 23rd and 38th place finishes at Phoenix, Richmond and Martinsville respectively.
* Earlier this season: The desert winds kicked up and Sterling Marlin was able to battle back from a 31st starting spot and front end damage early on to finish 26th in the Subway 500 at Phoenix International Raceway in April.
* Phoenix International Raceway Stats: This weekend will be Marlin's 18th career start at Phoenix. His highest starting spot was from the pole in 1994 and his highest finish was third in 1991 and 1994. In his 17 starts he has two top-five and four top-10 finishes at the 1-mile track.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is 30th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 26th in owner points.
* Cha-Ching: Marlin will be making an appearance at the Harrah's Casino in Maricopa, Ariz. this weekend. Stop by and see Marlin along with several other drivers as they sign autographs and greet fans from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday evening.