* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Phoenix International Raceway this Sunday in the Checkers O'Reilly Auto Parts 500. * QUALIFYING AT PHOENIX... Phoenix International Raceway is Menard's second-best qualifying ...
* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Phoenix International Raceway this Sunday in the Checkers O'Reilly Auto Parts 500.
* QUALIFYING AT PHOENIX... Phoenix International Raceway is Menard's second-best qualifying track, averaging a 16.4 starting position. His best qualifying track is Kansas Speedway.
* LAPS RECORDED AT PHOENIX... Menard has completed 99.6% of the laps he has attempted in six Cup Series starts at Phoenix International Raceway (1,555 of 1,561 laps).
* JOHNS MANVILLE RETURNS HOOD...Long time sponsor, Johns Manville will return to the hood of the No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's race at Phoenix International Raceway.
Menard on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"We had a great run going the last time we were at Phoenix. We qualified really well that weekend, I think in the top 10, and then had a pretty good race going until we were hit on pit road. We had to come in a couple times to fix the damage and lost all of our track position. Prior to that, it was a great car. I think our cars have been a lot faster over the last few months and I really enjoy racing at Phoenix. I'm back in the Nationwide car this weekend, so that should help with additional laps around there before Sunday's race."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Paul was really good at Phoenix in the spring, but had that mishap on pit road that put us all the way in the back. Phoenix is one of those places where it's tough to get back lost track position, especially when you have to restart all the way at the back of the field. I know that we have a good car this weekend and would like to finish out the season on a great note. Hopefully we can get it done this weekend in our No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion."