* Over the last four races, Jamie McMurray has posted two top five and three top-10 finishes. * Phoenix International Raceway is the only track where McMurray has yet to post a top-10 finish. His best career finish at the one-mile speedway came...
* Over the last four races, Jamie McMurray has posted two top five and three top-10 finishes.
* Phoenix International Raceway is the only track where McMurray has yet to post a top-10 finish. His best career finish at the one-mile speedway came in November of 2003, where McMurray finished 12th.
* Double-duty weekend -- McMurray will compete in the Nationwide Series race this weekend -- driving the No. 17 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion.
* This weekend, McMurray will pilot his No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion for the last time this season.
Team: No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Larry Carter
Chassis: RK-567 Last outing: Phoenix, April 2008; Finished 17th
RK-507 Last outing: Phoenix, Nov. 2007; Finished 23rd
McMurray on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"After the last few weeks and the way the No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools team has been running, I'm really looking forward to the race this weekend in Phoenix. It's remarkable how fast our cars have been from the minute we unload them. It's always a good feeling going to a track knowing that you will have a fast car when you get there. Last weekend in Texas, I thought we were going to win the race. Had a couple guys ahead of me run out of gas, we were going to be there. Larry (Carter) did a great job last weekend with the calls on the pit box and knowing how things were going to shape up there at the end of the race.
"Phoenix is a fun race track to run at. It's a challenging track because you have to set up your car for two different corners. Turns one and two are completely different from three and four, so your car has to be balanced well enough to turn at both ends.
"We also have a championship weekend with IRWIN Industrial Tools. This weekend we are going to crown the 2008 IRWIN "Ultimate Tradesman." It's an exciting competition and will be a lot of fun to compete in on Sunday morning in Phoenix."
Crew chief Larry Carter on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"In the spring race at Phoenix the handling of our car was really loose the entire race. We battled it from the minute the green flag dropped. I think we've come really far in our flat-track program. The setup that we are able to do at the shop before we even hit the race track has come a really long way since the first Phoenix race, which should give us a solid baseline for when we first unload on Friday. If our Ford Fusion is as fast this weekend as it has been over the last few months, it should be a great weekend for the No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools team."