Bobby Labonte No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge Bobby Labonte: "Texas was not a good race for us, no question about that. Every team has had them. You just miss the setup. One thing about those races is that nobody wants to have a repeat ...
No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge
"Texas was not a good race for us, no question about that. Every team has had them. You just miss the setup. One thing about those races is that nobody wants to have a repeat performance. When we get to Phoenix this weekend everyone on the No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge team will be ready to put that weekend behind us. Phoenix should be a pretty good track for us to rebound. We had a good run there in the spring with a 12th place finish. Historically this has been a good race for us so another strong finish is what we are expecting."
"Phoenix is another unique racetrack and one that we need on our schedule. One of the best moves NASCAR has made recently was to add a second race to Phoenix. It's such a unique layout that everyone enjoys going there, but it's also a very racy track that promotes good, hard racing. The fans are great, the weather is great. There's just a lot to look forward to when we go to Phoenix."
"You really get into several racing styles when you go to Phoenix. It's fast enough that you need downforce, especially in turns three and four. Turns one and two are more like a short track so the car needs to turn and you have to take car of you brakes. You need the car to handle well so you can race side-by-side through the dogleg on the backstretch. It takes pieces from different tracks and puts them into a one-mile oval that lacks grip. There's really no place like it."
* Labonte has finished within the top-10 in almost half of his visits to Phoenix. In 19 races at the track, he has scored three top-5 finishes and nine top-10s.
* His most recent top-10 at the track came in the 2007 'spring race' when he finished eighth. Five of his nine top-10s have come in his last eight trips to PIR.
* Labonte won the pole at Phoenix for the 'Fall' race in 1996. He has had a top-10 starting position on six occasions and has qualified within the top-5 four times.
* Of a possible 5,876 laps at Phoenix International Raceway, Labonte has completed 5,703 (97.1%) including 65 laps led. His average start at the track is 19.3 and average finish is 16.0.
* Labonte has competed under the Petty Enterprises banner at PIR only four times. His average finish from those four events is 15.3.