Bobby Labonte on racing at PIR in the Subway Fresh Fit 500: "I'm really looking forward to bouncing back from Texas. It was a little disappointing to not finish. We all worked pretty hard to get better and better and to wreck like that was not...
Bobby Labonte on racing at PIR in the Subway Fresh Fit 500:
"I'm really looking forward to bouncing back from Texas. It was a little disappointing to not finish. We all worked pretty hard to get better and better and to wreck like that was not exactly what we had in mind. I was glad to have the off week last week for Easter but am ready to get back to the track and climb a few positions in points again. We lost a few spots but I'm confident that we'll get back to where we need to be beginning with this weekend in Phoenix.
"It will be cool to be under the lights for the Subway Fresh Fit 500. It's a fun track where a lot can happen. I think we're going to unload fast this weekend and while we have a lot to accomplish in a two-day show, I think we're going to make it happen for the No. 96 Ask.com team. We've got some ground to cover to get back in the top-12 in points but I've got confidence in Todd and the guys."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at PIR in the Subway Fresh Fit 500:
"While last week was supposedly the off week, the guys have worked really hard to get the Ask.com team where it needs to be before Phoenix. We've got a lot to accomplish to align ourselves with our goals for the year but I'm sure we've got this Ford Fusion where it needs to be to race well this weekend in Phoenix. Being a night race, we'll have a few changes to make as the track cools but we've got a solid set up for intermediate tracks. Our plan is to unload a fast race car and concentrate on a solid qualifying run on Friday. That will put us where we need to be for Saturday night."
* Labonte has three top-five finishes, nine top-10 finishes and a pole award (1996) at Phoenix International Raceway.
* In 20 starts at the 1-mile tri-oval, Labonte has an average finish of 16th.
* Labonte has completed 97.2 percent of laps in Avondale, equating 6,015 laps.
* After being involved in a mid-race accident in Texas, Labonte is 26th in points.
* Labonte has an impressive record at tracks similar to Phoenix; he has 12 wins, 64 top-5s, 98 top-10s and 16 pole awards at tracks in the 1-2-mile range.