Robby Gordon's Quotes on the 3M Performance 400: "We definitely need to bring our A-game this weekend. We've had some bad luck over the last couple of weeks and lost some ground in the point standings. The team is still working hard...
Robby Gordon's Quotes on the 3M Performance 400:
"We definitely need to bring our A-game this weekend. We've had some bad luck over the last couple of weeks and lost some ground in the point standings. The team is still working hard though, from Greg (Erwin, crew chief) to the guys in the shop to the guys on pit road. The car that we're bringing this weekend has a brand-new body and had a good run at Phoenix until we lost the engine. So as a driver and an owner, I am confident that the No. 7 Menards/MAPEI Chevy can perform and be a contender this weekend."
Menards/MAPEI Fast Facts:
* Third Time's a Charm -- This weekend's race at Michigan International Speedway will be the third consecutive race this season that Menards and MAPEI will share sponsorship of the No. 7 Chevy. MAPEI, a global corporation, has been supplying residential and major commercial projects with total installation solutions for tile and stone, floor covering and decorative concrete as well as concrete restoration for more than 65 years. Visit www.mapei.com for technical information or call 1-800-42-MAPEI (1-800-426-2734) for the nearest location.
* Chassis -- Gordon will run chassis No. 110 this weekend. With a brand-new body, chassis No. 110 will make its first appearance since runs at Martinsville and Phoenix. Chassis No. 109 will serve as back up again this weekend.
* Points Position -- Following a disappointing 35th-place finish in the Pocono 500, the driver of the No. 7 Menards/MAPEI Chevrolet fell to the 29th position in NASCAR Nextel Cup point standings, only 126 points out of 25th and 186 points out of 20th.
* Hear It -- Got a scanner? Tune it to 469.4500 or 463.6500 to hear Robby Gordon Motorsports team communications during the race.
* MIS History -- Michigan International Speedway (MIS) has played host to more than 35 years of NASCAR racing. Heading into this weekend's 3M Performance 400, Michigan International Speedway will continue a 15-year trend of 30 consecutive sellouts.
* Meet the Driver -- Gordon will visit and sign autographs for fans at his merchandise trailer on Saturday, June 17th from 12-12:45 p.m. and on Sunday, June 18th from 10-10:45 a.m.-rgm