Michigan International Speedway * Johnson has made 14 Sprint Cup Series starts at Michigan International Speedway and has collected two top-five and six top-10 finishes. * Michigan is one of only six Sprint Cup tracks on which Johnson ...
Michigan International Speedway
* Johnson has made 14 Sprint Cup Series starts at Michigan International Speedway and has collected two top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* Michigan is one of only six Sprint Cup tracks on which Johnson hasn't visited Victory Lane. The others are Bristol, Infineon, Chicago, Watkins Glen, and Homestead.
* The three-time Champion has completed 95.5% (2613 of 2735) of competition laps at the two-mile track and has led 231.
* Johnson has an average start and finish of 9.9 and 14.4.
* Johnson will be piloting a brand new chassis, No. 552, in Sunday's Sprint Cup event.
* The backup chassis, No. 480, started and finished third at Bristol Motor Speedway in March.
NEWS & NOTES
Jimmie Johnson is scheduled to appear in New York City on Tuesday, June 16, for Samsung's 8th Annual Four Seasons of Hope Gala. Samsung pledges to raise national awareness and funds for several charities involved in Samsung's Four Seasons of Hope program including the Jimmie Johnson Foundation, the Dan Marino Foundation, the Boomer Esiason Foundation, the Wayne Gretzky Foundation, Joe Torre's Safe at Home Foundation and the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Women & Children. In addition, Samsung and Lowe's will partner on retail programs to help raise funds for the Jimmie Johnson Foundation.
"I am looking forward to attending the Gala next week and becoming a part of the Samsung Four Seasons of Hope family," said Johnson. "The Jimmie Johnson Foundation and the Samsung Four Seasons of Hope program share the same goals in helping children and families that are less fortunate. We also are proud to partner with Lowe's and Samsung on some programs that will benefit the Jimmie Johnson Foundation."
REGARDING MICHIGAN: "I'm excited to go to Michigan -- being in the backyard of our automakers. It's a tough time for them right now and they're such an important part of our sport and hopefully we can get a (Chevrolet) bowtie to victory lane. We've never done that up there and there wouldn't be a better time for us to do that for them.
"We all enjoy racing at Michigan. There are a lot of options and it's a track that Chad and I have worked really hard to be good at. We've had some good races but just haven't finished where we felt like we could. It's one of the ones we kind of highlight on the schedule to get a trophy at."