JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES "This year we're taking our bad days and not destroying them. Take the bad days and get the best out of them you can. If we put two or three solid runs together, that will get us in the top 10. Hopefully, we'll be there...
JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES
"This year we're taking our bad days and not destroying them. Take the bad days and get the best out of them you can. If we put two or three solid runs together, that will get us in the top 10. Hopefully, we'll be there and not have to worry about Richmond like we did last time. I just don't want to be in the position of having to do what we did last year to make The Chase. It would be much easier to be firmly in the field, up there around fifth or so where the finish at Richmond won't determine if you make it or you don't.
"Michigan can be a good track for us. It's wide and you can run high or low and be competitive. We're looking forward to this weekend. This would be a good place to start that string of two or three good runs and move firmly into the top 10.
"We not only had the spoiler and tire rule changes at the start of the season, but we also had the whole body change to the Dodge Charger. We had to adapt to a lot of different things and then throw a new crew chief in our deal. We've had two or three big things to work around and adjust to. I feel like we've done a good job at that. But we have to continue to get better in all areas -- pit stops, engines, bodies, every area has to be constantly improving.
"We're hovering just outside the top 10. We're not going to wait until Richmond and do it again. We want to be solidly in the top 10 before we get to Richmond. That's the objective. "
STATS & FACTS
JEREMY MAYFIELD AT MICHIGAN
* This weekend will mark Mayfield's 23rd career start at Michigan International Speedway. He has earned two top fives, three top 10s, and has led three races for a total of 88 laps led.
* Mayfield earned his best finish of fourth in the June 2001 race after starting ninth. Mayfield's best start of fifth came in the August 1999 race at Michigan.
* Mayfield started both Michigan races last season in the top 10. He started eighth and finished 19th last June, and started tenth and finished 11th in the August race.
LEAVING NOTHING ON THE TABLE
* Jeremy Mayfield ranks third on the Nextel Cup circuit in laps completed (99.1%) among drivers who have competed in every race this year. Mayfield has finished nine of 14 races on the lead lap, and has recorded only one DNF in 2005.
* After racing at Pocono, Mayfield gained ground in his race into the top 10. He ranks 13th, and is only 23 points away from the 10th spot and 75 points away from the top five.
* Mayfield and the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team are scheduled to test at Carolina Motorsports Park, in Kershaw, S.C., this Thursday, June 16. The team will use the test to prepare for the June 26 roadcourse race at Infineon Raceway.
DEW CREW ROSTER CHANGE
* The No. 19 Dew Crew will add Detroit-native Jonathan Billy to the team as rear tire changer beginning at Michigan this weekend.