McMurray on racing at Michigan International Speedway: "Racing at Michigan is pretty significant for all of us at this organization. The region is home to Ford Motor Company as well as Roush Industries so this is a bit of a home track for Roush...
McMurray on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Racing at Michigan is pretty significant for all of us at this organization. The region is home to Ford Motor Company as well as Roush Industries so this is a bit of a home track for Roush Fenway and we always want to perform well when we come to Michigan. The track is pretty wide so we have the ability and room to pass. Michigan typically has a lot of green flag runs so we just make sure that our car has the horsepower and the handling that we need all afternoon. We had two great races here last year so I hope that trend continues for this weekend's race as well."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Michigan is one of the tracks where there is typically a lot of green flag racing, so just as it did this past weekend at Pocono, it will probably turn into a fuel mileage race. This weekend may be a little different for us in regards to pit strategy due to the new double-file restart that we just started at Pocono because pit strategy comes into play a bit more now with this restart system. Michigan is a track that if you have a great handling car, it's wide enough that strong cars can drive their way through the field."
* In his twelve career Cup series starts at Michigan, McMurray averages a 29.6 starting position and a 18.5 finishing position
* In his last two starts at Michigan, McMurray has two consecutive Top-10 finishes
* McMurray's first career NASCAR pole award came at Michigan in July 2000 when he scored his first Camping World Truck Series pole
* McMurray has recorded one Top-five and four Top-ten finishes at Michigan
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Michigan is fourth which he accomplished in August of 2004
* This weekend at Michigan, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the LifeLock 400, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings