FAST FACTS * In eight starts at Michigan International Speedway, Jamie McMurray has recorded one top-five finish. * This weekend, in the Citizens Bank 400, McMurray will be making his 165th career start. * In 164 career Cup starts, McMurray...
* In eight starts at Michigan International Speedway, Jamie McMurray has recorded one top-five finish.
* This weekend, in the Citizens Bank 400, McMurray will be making his 165th career start.
* In 164 career Cup starts, McMurray has posted 60 top 10's, 24 top 5's and one win, along with two Cup poles.
* McMurray has an average starting position of 30.4 and an average finishing position of 20.5 at Michigan International Speedway; an improvement of almost 10 positions.
* While success at Michigan hasn't come easily for McMurray, Michigan's "sister track," California Speedway is statistically his best track. McMurray averages a 12.4 finishing position and has five top-10 finishes in eight starts.
* McMurray is currently 15th in the NEXTEL Cup point standings.
McMurray on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Michigan is such a fun track to run at because of the three or four-wide racing that you can do. It's a track that I haven't qualified really well at, but have had some pretty decent runs. This weekend, we are taking a brand new car to Michigan. It's never been on the track, but has performed well on the chassis dyno, as well as the wind tunnel tests. It's always a toss up when you take a new car to the track, but I think that Larry (Carter) and Derek (Stamets) have done a great job when it comes to building these new cars and knowing what I like in them. Hopefully this weekend will be another good run for the No. 26 Crown Royal team.
"Last week was a tough week for the No. 26 team. We were off the mark and it showed on the track. I have a great group of guys on this team, so I know we will bounce back and have a great run this weekend in Michigan. It is Jack's (Roush) backyard and a race that is really important to both him and Ford Racing."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Well, we are taking a brand new car this weekend to Michigan. We built the car a couple weeks ago after running at Fontana and some of the other larger tracks. I think we have a pretty good handle on how Jamie likes his race cars. It's a new car that has never seen the track, but has shown to be a really good car on the dyno and wind tunnel. Hopefully, we can unload well this weekend and put up a good effort. We haven't been putting it together so well the last weeks, and I know all the guys are hungry for a good run."