Home123/Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport the Home123 paint scheme this weekend in Michigan. Home123 is one of the country's largest providers of home mortgage loans. Headquartered in Irvine, ...
Home123/Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport the Home123 paint scheme this weekend in Michigan. Home123 is one of the country's largest providers of home mortgage loans. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Home123 is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW). Since being founded in 1995, Home123 has originated over $70 billion in mortgage loans. To find our more about Home123 or New Century, please visit www.Home123.com or www.ncen.com.
* Interesting Stat: McMurray has accumulated 1,670 championship points after the first 12 races, the exact amount he had after 12 races last season.
* Championship Standings: The No. 42 Texaco/Havoline team jumped up one position to 12th in the overall NEXTEL Cup Series standings after their 10th-place effort last weekend at Pocono Raceway. McMurray is only 11 points out of 10th place and just 64 out of fifth heading into Michigan.
* Setting the Pace: McMurray holds the Craftsman Truck Series Qualifying record at Michigan Int'l. Speedway with a speed of 177.414 mph (2000).
* 2005 vs. 2004 Season: McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team are putting forth a strong effort in their bid to make the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup." So far this season they have amassed three top-five and six top-10 finishes in 14 races. At this point last season they had three top-five and eight top-10 finishes while sitting 12th in the point standings. McMurray went on to finish 11th overall, scoring nine top-five and 23 top-10 finishes, including 12 top-10 runs in the last 14 events of the season.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team will bring chassis #403 to Michigan this weekend. This is the same car McMurray finished 10th with last weekend at Pocono. Thus far in 2005 the car has also run at: Fontana (fourth-place finish), Las Vegas (15th), Atlanta (11th), Texas (second) and Darlington (sixth).
Jamie McMurray on Michigan:
"We're taking the same car we ran last weekend in Pocono. We've run it a lot this year and we've gotten very good results with it. It's definitely one of my favorites and we're going to continue to race it until we tear it up for find something that I think is better."
"I've always enjoyed going to Michigan. I sat on the pole there in the Truck Series in my very first race. I've run well there, and I've struggled also. You definitely have to have a good racecar with a good body on it because downforce is so important there. You can race three or four wide. You can run around the bottom or run around the top, so I'm definitely looking forward to going this weekend. It's a fun track for me."