Robby Gordon's Quotes on MIS Your intermediate program has been fairly successful this year. Do you feel like you can be a threat to win this weekend? "We have learned a lot over the last 18 months and it's starting to pay off with the...
Robby Gordon's Quotes on MIS
Your intermediate program has been fairly successful this year. Do you feel like you can be a threat to win this weekend?
"We have learned a lot over the last 18 months and it's starting to pay off with the runs we've been having. Our database or information pool gets larger and larger every week and that helps us a lot when it comes to things like our aero package or our setup for tracks like Michigan. We're bringing the same car that we raced at Chicago and have made a few changes to it. We were pretty happy with the numbers we saw in the wind tunnel and we should have a pretty good run in the No. 7 Menards/Energizer Chevrolet this weekend."
You're also going to run the Busch Series race this weekend for Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s team. What can you tell us about that?
"(Dale) Jr. is a good friend of mine and he came to me and asked if I would help them out. They've been looking to improve their finishes and overall performance and asked if I would run a couple races in order to give them some feedback. He has a first-class operation over there and he looking to make it even better and I'm flattered that they came to me."
Menards/Energizer Fast Facts:
* Keeps Going and... -- Coming into the 23rd race of the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup season, this will mark the fourth time Menards/Energizer will share sponsorship of the No. 7 Chevy. Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR), http://www.energizer.com , headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., is one of the world's largest manufacturers of primary batteries and flashlights and a global leader in the dynamic business of providing portable power. It offers a full portfolio of products including its premium brand, Energizer® MAX®; its high performance brands, Energizer® e2® Lithium, Energizer® e2® Titanium Technology® and Energizer® Rechargeable; and Specialty batteries. Jim Beam, Harrah's and CarLoan.com will serve as associates.
* Chassis -- Chassis No. 104 will act as the primary this weekend. Chassis No. 104 last saw action in Chicago before heading to the wind tunnel late last month. Chassis No. 106 will serve as back up.
* Points Position -- Following his second top-10 finish of the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup season, Gordon and the No. 7 Menards/Energizer Chevy moved up one spot to the 26th position, a mere 5 points out of 25th and 164 points out of 20th, which remains the team's goal.
* Meet the Driver -- Gordon will sign autographs and visit with fans at the Robby Gordon Motorsports merchandise trailer on Sunday, August 20th at 11 a.m.
* All Aboard -- Gordon will take the helm of the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr., for the NASCAR Busch Series events at Michigan International Speedway and California Speedway. Gordon has one previous Busch Series start at each track and finished 12th in both races.
* Hear It -- Got a scanner? Tune it to 469.4500 or 463.6500 to hear Robby Gordon Motorsports team communications during the race.