Michigan International News and Notes * Michigan's Machine...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 105 this weekend at Michigan International Speedway. The team has used this particular car in several events this season, ...
Michigan International News and Notes
* Michigan's Machine...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 105 this weekend at Michigan International Speedway. The team has used this particular car in several events this season, most recently in the race at Chicagoland Speedway.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Jeremy Mayfield hopes to make his 413th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for the event Sunday afternoon. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 25th (qualified 18th) in his first Cup Series start at MIS in 1994.
* Mayfield in Michigan...Mayfield has made 25 starts on the two-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 10 on 10 occasions. He has also earned four top-10 finishes, including one victory (2005).
* BDR at MIS...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned Cup cars have been racing at the track since 1993 and have made 40 starts. Those drivers have posted two top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes. The team also earned two pole positions in Nextel Cup competition at Michigan.
* Practice Makes Perfect...Mayfield will spend two days testing at Atlanta Motor Speedway next week.
* Michigan's Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Sunday afternoon's event is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 17. The 200-lap event is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, Aug. 19, and will broadcast LIVE on ESPN (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Jeremy Mayfield on this weekend's event..."We're encouraged by our progress in the last couple of weeks. Everyone at Bill Davis Racing has been working really hard, and I think it's beginning to pay off. We've made some personnel changes here lately, and I think this group of guys we have right now is really working well together. I can't wait to get to Michigan. It's always been a pretty good track for me, and we were really disappointed not to have made the race the first time around, but going back to some of these tracks for the second time should really help us. We know what we need to do, and I think at this stage of the game we're much better equipped to get it done. I really think we're beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel."