HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #307. This is the same car McMurray ran in the Brickyard 400 two weeks ago and scored a stellar third-place finish with.
* McMurray finished 14th at Michigan back in June in his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut at the speedway. He was the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Race and was the only first-year driver to complete all 400 miles of the race.
* McMurray has one Pole Award at Michigan in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (7/22/00).
* McMurray enters the GFS Marketplace 400 22nd in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently sits second in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race last weekend at Watkins Glen International. McMurray finished 22nd and took top rookie honors for the ninth race this season. He trails Greg Biffle by four points (219-215) in Raybestos® Rookie standings entering the GFS Marketplace 400 at Michigan International Speedway.
* McMurray has more top-fives (three) and top-10 finishes (five) than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season.
* McMurray has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie entering the race at Michigan: 11 times in five races for 154.70 miles (75 laps).
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"Everyone on this Havoline team is pumped up about returning to Michigan. We're taking the same car we had at Indy two weeks ago and should have won the race with, so we're expecting good things this weekend in Michigan. We ran 14th there back in June with what was our best car at the time until we started running Chassis #307. You can feel and see the momentum surrounding this team and everyone is ready to get back to a place that we know we will run well at."
"I've always liked Michigan because it's a place where you can run two and three wide and set a guy up for a pass down the straight-aways. It's definitely a horsepower and down force track, and I think we have both of those needed ingredients to get this Havoline Dodge into Victory Lane this weekend."