McMurray on racing at Michigan International Speedway: "Racing at Michigan is pretty significant for all of us at this organization. The region is home to Ford Motor Company as well as Roush Industries so this is a bit of a home track for Roush...
McMurray on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Racing at Michigan is pretty significant for all of us at this organization. The region is home to Ford Motor Company as well as Roush Industries so this is a bit of a home track for Roush Fenway and we always want to perform well when we come to Michigan. The track is pretty wide and gives us plenty of room to pass. Michigan typically has a lot of green flag runs, so we just make sure that our car has the horsepower and the handling that we need all afternoon. We're looking to have a great run on Sunday in our Crown Royal Ford."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Michigan is one of the tracks where there is typically a lot of green flag racing, so Sunday's race always has a good likelihood that it will turn into a fuel mileage race. Michigan is a track that if you have a great handling car, it's wide enough that strong cars can drive their way through the field. We're bringing a brand new car with us this weekend as well so I'm eager to see how the car shakes down during the practice sessions. Michigan is a track that Roush Fenway typically runs well at, and I am confident that our No. 26 team will be carrying on that tradition this weekend as well."
* In his thirteen career Cup series starts at Michigan, McMurray averages a 29.7 starting position and a 17.9 finishing position
* McMurray's first career NASCAR pole award came at Michigan in July 2000 when McMurray scored his first Camping World Truck Series pole
* McMurray has recorded one top-five and four top-ten finishes at Michigan
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Michigan is fourth which he accomplished in August of 2004
* This weekend at Michigan, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Carfax 400, McMurray is currently 20th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings