Bobby Labonte ...
Bobby Labonte #43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge
"I'm probably as guilty as anyone of not giving NASCAR enough credit for all of the safety initiatives they have introduced to our sport in the last five years. I'll tell you, all it takes is to be involved in an accident like we had at the end of the race at Watkins Glen to send you a reminder. There is no doubt that this is the safest racecar in the world. We don't think of road courses as places where hard wrecks like that can occur. Everything in the car worked like it was designed to do. I appreciate NASCAR bringing safety to the forefront and keeping it there."
"The first race at Michigan was a big learning experience for us. The 'high' line was definitely the place to be so we'll work towards getting our car comfortable up there this weekend. That race came down to fuel mileage, so we'll have to keep our eye on that too. Michigan has always been my favorite racetrack. We got a top-10 finish in this race last year. Another finish like that would be great for this No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker team."
"There are certain tracks that you circle on the schedule as places where you want to do well, places that have a different meaning. Daytona and Lowe's always come to mind. But Michigan is one too. There is usually a large group of Dodge employees that make the drive down from Detroit and you want to perform well in front of them. The support that we get from Dodge is huge. We couldn't do this without them."
* Labonte has scored three wins at MIS; he swept the D-shaped oval in 1995 and won again at the track in 1999.
* Labonte has scored nine top-5s and 16 top-10s at Michigan. The two-mile track is second on his career list for most top-10s.
* Labonte has scored more poles at Michigan than at any other track. He has a total of four (1995, 2000 and twice in 2003), which ranks him third on the list of most career poles at MIS of all active drivers.
* He has started within the top-10 a total of 16 times at the Brooklyn track.
* In his 32 starts at Michigan Labonte has completed 5,965 of 6,291 laps (94.8%), including 240 laps led.
* His average start at MIS is 12.6 and average finish is 14.1. The track ranks second on his career list for best average start and best average finish at a track.