STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Best Buy Dodge, has finished in the top-10 in his last two starts at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) and will be going for his third in a row at the two-mile Brooklyn, Mich. racetrack...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Best Buy Dodge, has finished in the top-10 in his last two starts at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) and will be going for his third in a row at the two-mile Brooklyn, Mich. racetrack in this weekend's LifeLock 400. In fact, Sadler has three top-five starts in his last five races at MIS, including an outside pole in his first ever start in a Dodge Charger for what was then Evernham Motorsports, and now Richard Petty Motorsports.
ON MICHIGAN: "I love coming to Michigan for the race! It's one of the most fun racetracks from a driver's perspective that we visit. It's big, fast, wide and there is some of the best racing on the circuit. The track has multiple grooves, so if you're car isn't working in one place you can just move up or down the racetrack until you find a spot that works for you.
"I've always run pretty well at Michigan and I'm hoping that continues this weekend. I'd love to lead some laps and race up front all day. I think with the progress that Richard Petty Motorsports has show in the last couple weeks that we can make a strong showing in our Best Buy Dodge and maybe race up front with some of our teammates for most of the day."
BRETT GRIFFIN (SPOTTER) ON DOUBLE FILE RESTARTS AT MICHIGAN: "Race fans are in for a real treat! I think we saw that last week at Pocono and it's going to be even more intense at Michigan. The green flag at the start of any race is always exciting -- now we have a true green flag situation on every restart. Now a driver can make up a lot of track position on a restart if they are in the fast line. If you can see a car -- you are racing that car. And I think with the draft that happens on the front stretch a Michigan you are going to see a lot of jockeying coming off of turn four and it should make for some of the best racing we've seen at any racetrack all year."
Additional Notes of Interest
* In the last five races at MIS, Sadler has three top-10s and ranks 15th among all drivers in total points.
* Sadler is attending country music recording artist Blake Shelton's "BSers Gone Wild at the Wildhorse" fan club party on Thursday night in Nashville, Tenn.
* Sadler has led five races this season for a total of 33 laps, including at least one lap led in four of the last six points races. Sadler led more laps in the season-opening Daytona 500 than he did in all of 2008.
* Chassis No. 278 will serve as the primary. No. 278 last raced to a 33rd-place finish in the Sprint Showdown, and also finished 20th at Bristol. No. 259 will serve as the backup for the 11th time this season.
* Sadler is currently 27th in the driver point standings, just 34 points ahead of teammate AJ Allmendinger, and 53 points behind Reed Sorenson.