No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #309 to Martinsville Speedway this weekend. This chassis placed ninth and 15th earlier this season at Martinsville and Richmond respectively.
* Spring Racing at Martinsville: Sterling Marlin battled back from pit stop mistakes to finish ninth in the Advance Auto Parts 500 at Martinsville Speedway earlier this season.
* Martinsville Speedway: Marlin has posted 12 top-10 finishes in 36 races at Martinsville Speedway. His highest finish is second which he has done twice in 1988 and 1992.
* Qualifying at Martinsville: Marlin's highest qualifying effort at Martinsville Speedway has been second which he did in 1994.
* Grilling with Prilosec: Sterling will be helicoptering back to Lowe's Motor Speedway on Saturday afternoon after practice to grill out with Prilosec OTC contest winners. Marlin, who drove the Prilosec OTC car last weekend at Lowe's, will join the winners at their campsite for food and conversation.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's 12th place finish at Charlotte last weekend elevated him one spot to 21st in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship points.
Sterling Marlin Quotes:
Talk about Martinsville...
"All I am concerned about this weekend is going to Martinsville and trying to win a race. We had a really good test in Martinsville earlier this month. The track was great. I mean, they've redone the whole surface of the track. The track's got a whole lot of grip. They've done a super job on it."
What kind of race do you think we'll see there this weekend?
"I am not too sure but I hope it's not a single-file deal. We started wearing the track a little bit during the test and the late model stocks ran on it too and they had a good outside groove worked in. So hopefully it will be like the old Martinsville, you can pass on the outside or the inside."