KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "Martinsville isn't necessarily on my list of favorite tracks, but I feel we should run pretty decent there -- hopefully better than last time. Jeremy tested there earlier this month. I think we got some good notes from them.
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"Martinsville isn't necessarily on my list of favorite tracks, but I feel we should run pretty decent there -- hopefully better than last time. Jeremy tested there earlier this month. I think we got some good notes from them. The track has been resurfaced, so it will be different for everybody. The track will have more grip, and it's a lot smoother. There's a lot of bumping and pushing around at Martinsville. It's definitely one of those places where you have to keep your car together.
"We're really excited about the four races after Martinsville. Those races are four good tracks for us. We're disappointed with Charlotte, but looking forward to those last four races after Martinsville."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT MARTINSVILLE
* This weekend will mark Kahne's second NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Martinsville.
* Kahne started 15th and finished 21st in his first career Martinsville race this spring. The race was rookie Kahne's first entry at the track, and he worked his way up front to lead a lap on the day. However, a blown tire required an unscheduled pit stop late in the race, robbing Kahne of a top-15 finish.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* Kahne moves to 15th place in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series rankings after racing at Charlotte. He is just 26 points out of the 14th position and 36 points out of 13th place.
A VIEW FROM THE FRONT ROW
* Kasey Kahne has four Bud Poles and four second-place starts for a total of eight front-row starts in just 31 races this year. Only two other drivers have started more races from the front row in 2004.
* Kahne's average starting position (12.8) ranks seventh on the Cup circuit. The six drivers ahead of Kahne have an average of approximately 6 years NASCAR Cup Series experience.
KAHNE CHASING ROOKIE RECORD
* Kahne is chasing NASCAR's modern-era record for top-five finishes by a rookie driver. (See Table)
* Kahne is one of only four drivers to have scored 10 or more top-five finishes this season (Rockingham, Las Vegas, Atlanta-a, Texas, Mich-a, Pocono-b, Indy, Mich-b, Calif-a, NHIS-b).
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BESTS
* Kahne's four pole positions are two shy of Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
* After 31 races, Kahne has a commanding 88-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year race.
* Kahne's total of 671 laps led is more than four times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates (157). He also has more poles, top fives and top 10s than the combined amount of his Rookie-of-the-Year competitors.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California and Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono in June.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono (a), Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.